
In our case, the “recipe” was used for the gingerbread house’s lawn, but the intent is that you serve it in a bowl-shaped terrarium with a smoke machine or similar. As a result, we lose the thing that gives it a Mysterio theme, but hey, cute house.
This one has a video with Kevin Smith as a guest.
Differences from the recipe as written:
- Grocery didn’t have rhubarb
- No pearl onions (raw onions are hard on Partner’s stomach)
- No fennel
Reactions: They were fine. Raw veggies and mostly-raw veggies are tasty. The “sand” gave me an issue because it kept sticking to the back of my teeth. Like, it tastes good, I just didn’t enjoy the mouth feel. Partner compared it to “cumin peanut butter,” but it gave my mouth more trouble than peanut butter does.
Would we make this again: We’ll probably do components of it from time to time, and I’m sure I’ll have raw or nearly raw veggies again. Partner is sure that there has to be better ways to use maltodextrin.